Here is the latest book project by Dr. Linda Andrade Wheeler. This book is about bullying in school and how students can go about stopping it from happening to them or their classmates. A story is told through the voice of a fourth grade student who was bullied by some of her classmates and tells her mother about what she is experiencing at school. Her mother listens intently to her daughter’s story and gives her advice on how to stop and to prevent bullying from happening to her at school.
Interestingly, her daughter wants to transform bullies into buddies and learns some ways that she can help to make her classroom a safe, welcoming, and a comfortable place where learning can take place.
This book is a must for every fourth through sixth grade student to read.
The Flight of the Butterfly program will include a three-part series of learning activities for students:
1) Read the entire book, “The Flight of the Butterfly”;
2) After reading the book, “The Flight of the Butterfly” students will be engages in an Interactive PowerPoint presentation by the classroom teacher using the “Flight of the Butterfly” Discussion Guide to prompt thinking and discussion. Also, students will complete the “Flight of the Butterfly” Student Worksheet to demonstrate their understanding on the prevention of bullying at school; and
3) Receive a Certificate of Completion of “The Flight of the Butterfly” Program, with a written Student Pledge to stop bullying at school.
Note: The PowerPoint presentation, Discussion Guide, Student Worksheet, and Certificate of Completion will be sent digitally to each school to share with teachers using “The Flight of the Butterfly” Program.
Benefits of “The Flight of the Butterfly” Program to Schools and Classrooms:
1. Happier Students who can focus on their learning.
2. Heightened awareness of students and teachers on bullying and how to stop it at school.
3. Reduced liability to school for taking action by providing awareness training and information on how to stop bullying at school to students and teachers.
For more information, please email: email@example.com